Are you suffering from shortness of breath at night? You would certainly be looking to know the causes of this uncomfortable condition. You want the solution for this illness to mitigate the after-effects of this ailment. Fortunately, Express Care Urgent Care is here to assist you. This article will describe the causes, symptoms, and treatment for this ailment.
Why Do I Have Shortness of Breath at Night?
The causes for this ailment may be varied, including the different lung conditions.
- If you have asthma, you will feel uncomfortable breathing while sleeping. The leading cause of asthma is dust in the environment. It can linger at night and cause difficulty sleeping. The sleeping position may also contribute to pressure on the diaphragm, causing shortness of breath at night.
- The other important cause of difficulty breathing is a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It causes the blockage of air passageways, which ultimately causes difficult breathing.
- Pneumonia is also a lung disorder leading to difficult breathing. It causes inflammation of the lungs caused by a bacterium, virus, or fungus.
Other factors that can lead to shortness of breath at night include:
- Heart failure can lead to difficult breathing at night. It can be distinguished by chest pain and nausea.
- Allergies can also lead to difficult breathing. If it occurs through allergies, clean your sleeping environment to remove dust particles.
- Anxiety is another important factor leading to difficult breathing at night. Along with physical health, you should also take care of your mental health.
When to Visit Urgent Care?
If you are facing prolonged shortness of breath with other symptoms like wheezing, sneezing, blue lips, swelling, and worse conditions while lying, you should immediately consult a health professional. It will help you if you look for an urgent care center near you. If you are in Hamden, you can get our services at Express Care Urgent Care.
Get Our Services at Express Care Urgent Care
If you don’t need emergency care, visit us at Express Care Urgent Care Hamden. We will help you consider your shortness of breath at night with immediate care. Our urgent care is open 365 days a year. Moreover, we have flexible timing for our patients. So, you can walk into our urgent care center whenever you feel convenient. Above all, you don’t have to schedule an appointment before visiting us.
Our professionals will treat you, check the symptoms and causes of the illness, and take the following steps to feel better quickly. Your health is our priority when you walk into our urgent care center. We also offer 24/7 treatment to our patients if needed.